It’s the first Sunday of Advent, and we’re starting it off with a Bang!
Its time for our Annual Tree Trimming Party!
Here’s a reprint of our Santa Baby Cookie Recipe:
- 1 c unsalted butter softened
- 1 c brown sugar
- 1/2 c granulated sugar
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 c all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 c oats
- 1 1/2 c semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 c toffee bits or 4 skor bars crushed
- 1/2 c flaked coconut [sweetened or unsweetened]
- 1/2 c chopped pecans [If you have nut allergies you can leave these out, and the recipe will be just as good.]
- Heat oven to 350.
- Cream butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix until creamy.
- Separately, mix flour, salt and baking soda.
- Add these dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.
- Separately, mix chocolate chips, toffee bits, oatmeal, coconut and pecans.
- Add as many of these mixins to the cookie batter as you can, mixing first by machine, then, fully incorporating with a spatula. The dough will be very stiff and bursting with mixins.
- Drop 1-2 tbs of dough 2 inches apart on parchment or silpat-lined cookie sheets.*
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Cool on wire racks.
And here’s a link to SSJ’s Favourite Photo Ornaments 2020 Post!!
NOW! GET READY TO WITNESS THE GLORIES OF SSJ’S 2020 ADVENT LOVE-TO-DO LIST, WHICH GOES LIVE TOMORROW, MONDAY, NOVEMBER 3OTH.
AND BUCKLE IN FOR THE SLEIGH RIDE! THE OFFICIAL COUNTDOWN TO CHRISTMAS BEGINS TUESDAY, DECEMBER 1ST!