One of this month’s Advent Calendar TBDs is to have Breakfast for Dinner!
Well, then, we might as well do it in style. In addition to all the sweet stuff, we’re going to have a savoury dish that pleases all four of our palates at once!
Originally, I came up with this Quattro Stagioni Sheet Pan Frittata for a holiday potluck. I wanted something easy to fix, vegetarian, grain free, nut-free, and low-carb.
To make things easy on myself, I decided to go with ready-made fillings that I could just drop into the sheet pan. So, I chose bottled artichoke hearts, sundried tomatoes, and roasted red peppers, and I grabbed some garlic green olives from the deli counter. I shredded my own sharp cheese. But, you could just as easily grab a bag. All, in all, the “prep” of the entire frittata took less than 15 minutes.What’s great about this recipe is that it’s pretty much a blue-print for any kind of Quattro Stagioni Sheet Pan Frittata you can come up with! Just add the cooked or healthy-when eaten warmed ingredients of your choice to each quadrant.
Quattro Stagioni Sheet Pan Frittata [Vegetarian, Low-Carb, Keto-Friendly]
Yield 24 Squares
This recipe is made in a 15x10x1 inch sheet pan.
- 14 eggs
- 1/4 cup cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 cups shredded sharp cheese
- 3/4 cup EACH ingredient per quadrant, divided into 1/2 cup and 1/4 measures. I used: 1. Artichokes, 2. Sundried Tomato mixed with torn, fresh Basil, 3. Roasted Red Peppers, and 4. Green Olives in Garlic
Here's a detailed list of my Quattro Stagioni ingredients:
- ARTICHOKES: Jarred artichoke hearts, strained and rough chopped
- SUNDRIED TOMATO AND BASIL: Jarred pre-chopped sundried tomatoes in oil, strained and mixed with 1 tbs chopped fresh basil
- ROASTED RED PEPPERS: Jarred roasted red peppers, strained and sliced into thin, 1-inch lengths
- GREEN OLIVES IN GARLIC: Deli-counter seeded olives with garlic, rough chopped [you could easily add 2 tsp minced garlic to plain olives]
- Heat the oven to 375.
- Line the bottom of a 15x10x1 rimmed sheet pan with parchment, and butter any remaining exposed edges.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs.
- Add the cream, salt and pepper to taste, and whisk again.
- Add the 3 cups cheese, stir, and set aside.
- Prepare the add-in ingredients by straining, chopping, and separating into 1/2 and 1/4 cup measures per stagioni.
- One at a time, place 1/2 cup of one of the add-in ingredients into one of the four quadrants of the lined pan.
- With a cup measure, scoop the egg and cheese mixture over the pan.
- One at a time, place the remaining 1/4 cup of the add-in ingredients into their corresponding quadrant of the lined pan.
- Transfer the pan carefully to the middle rack of the oven.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until set in the middle.
- Cut into squares.
This is a flexible recipe. Feel free to sub in whatever ingredients you have on hand to create your quattro stagione. Just be sure that meats and raw vegetables which will shrink or seep liquid are pre-cooked. And, if you decide to use a softer cheese, instead of blending it in with the egg, dollop it into the pan with the stagione ingredients.