Here’s the recipe for SSJ’s Best Oatmeal Cookies. Use them in your ice cream sandwiches. Eat them plain. Or, dress them up with mix-ins.
SSJ’s Best Oatmeal Cookies
Servings: 42 Cookies
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 ½ cups brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp cloves
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats or rolled oats [but not minute oats]
- 1 cup Mixins like Chocolate Chips or Coconut [OPTIONAL]
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a stand mixer or large bowl beat butter on medium to high until softened.
- Add brown sugar, baking soda, spices, and salt and beat until combined.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla, scraping the sides of the bowl if necessary.
- Beat in the flour.
- Beat in the oats.
- Drop dough onto parchment-lined cookie sheets by proper tablespoonfuls [not rounded] 2 to 3 inches apart.
- Bake until lightly browned at edges and set in the centres, approximately 10 minutes.
- Cool on cookie sheets for 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack & cool completely.