SSJ’S ADVENT CALENDAR GOES LIVE IN A MATTER OF DAYS!!!
To prepare, we’re making several batches of our all-time favourite cookies to stash in the freezer & bake-up during Advent.
About time we shared the recipe for SSJ’s Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies!
SSJ’s Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 ¼ c all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 c unsalted butter [room temperature]
- ¾ c white sugar
- ¾ c brown sugar [packed]
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 c semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 c chopped walnuts [optional]
- 1 tsp cinnamon [optional]
- Heat oven to 375 F and line two cookie sheets with parchment or silpat.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, with a hand mixer, or by hand, beat the butter and sugar together until they are creamy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating until well combined.
- Add the vanilla and beat until just combined.
- Beat in the flour mixture by the ½ cup or thereabouts until combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- [If desired, stir in the nuts and cinnamon.] *
- Drop by rounded tablespoon onto lined cookie sheets.**
- Bake for 9-11 minutes, or until the edges are just golden brown.
- Allow the cookies to remain on the sheet for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks and cooling completely.