Last year….Was it just last year? It feels like ages past!…I received the secret eggnog recipe from a restaurant I [used to] frequent and whose cocktails are outstanding. I’ve since made changes to my liking. And now, I have THE PERFECT eggnog cocktail for one. [No one else in the house likes eggnog, see.] If you really want this cocktail to be outstanding, try the Brandy and Maple Walnut Bitters from Kinsip Distillery in Prince Edward County. Be warned: I use a raw egg, here. Proceed at your own risk!
The Perfect Eggnog Cocktail For One
- 2 oz Heavy Cream
- 1 Egg
- 1.5 oz Cognac or Brandy [I use either Courvoisier or Kinsip Brandy]
- .5 oz Grand Marnier
- 1-3 tsp Maple Syrup [I like 1 tsp, but try 2-3 if you've got a sweet tooth]
- 2 dashes Maple Walnut or Black Walnut Bitters [feel free to substitute with whatever bitters you have on hand]
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp Nutmeg + a dash for garnish
- ice for shaking
- Place all ingredients in a cocktail shaker and shake hard for one minute.
- Strain and pour into a festive coupe or whiskey glass.
- Garnish with a dash of nutmeg.