Use this chocolate coating to top your ice cream or to encase your ice cream sandwiches or freezer cakes and pies.
SSJ’s Gourmet Chocolate Shell
Makes about 1⅓ cup
- 8 oz [225 grams] semi-sweet or dark chocolate
- 6 tbs [100 grams] coconut oil
- 1-2 generous pinches Maldon flake or other sea salt [OPTIONAL]
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Over a double-boiler or in 20 second medium-power bursts in the microwave, melt the chocolate and the oil.
- Add the salt and vanilla and stir to combine.
- Pour or spoon the shell over ice cream or dunk frozen items into the mixture.
- [The shell may be reheated in the microwave in 20-second bursts at medium-power.]