This morning, I walked into the 2023 One of a Kind Spring Show looking for a little bliss, and I found it in one of the most tried and true Signs of Spring and Spring’s Renewal: Bunnies!
While my list is by no means exhaustive, here’s my Sweet Sixteen, that is, my favourite BUNNIES! – That’s right, BUNNIES! – from #OOAK2023, which runs from March 29 to April 2, 2023 at the Enercare Centre, Exhibition Place, Toronto.
1. Alicja Confections features an array of gorgeously painted One of a Kind Bunnies for the show as well as a “Paint Your Own” Bunny, which is just the kind of “you-be-you” project I can embrace. [Alicja Confections, Dark, Milk or White Chococlate One of. a Kind Bunnies [No Two Are Alike] $29, Chocolate Bunny Paint Kit $34, Booth A33]
2. Bruce County Nut & Fudge features a “cotton-tail-bunny-bottom” caramel-coated belgian-chocolate-covered apple in their 2023 Easter collection. They also have a new Carrot Cake flavoured candied apple…Carrot Cake is one of my love languages, so….you’ll know where to find me at the show. [Bruce County Nut & Fudge, ~$20, Booth A52]
3. Candle Lume’s Floppy-Eared sitting bunnies and their one-and two-wick abstract bunnies are just the cutest things you’ll ever want to burn. Okay, maybe you won’t want to burn them. [Candle Lume, $20 each, Booth Q30].
4. Christy’s Gourmet Gifts makes spectacularly gorgeous Cookies and Cream Bunnies [with Milk and Dark Chocolate siblings] blending a classic shape with a modern “cookie” palate. Seriously! Seriously! [Christy’s, from $12, Booth C56]
5. The Cro-Chic Shop has a really fun crocheted Bunny Keychain I can’t take my eyes off of, and I don’t even carry a set of keys with me, anymore! [Cro-Chic, $17 each or 3 for $45, Booth O08]
6. After adding Darvina Chocolates cute as heck Cookies and Cream, Matcha or Strawberries and Cream bunnies to your basket, do yourself a favour and top it up with a smashable chocolate bear filled with…..gummy bears! [Darvina Chocolates, $12-20 and up, P48L]
7. KokoChu’s Raspberry Sesame Geometric Bunny is ultra-modern in look, and ultra-intriguing in flavour: Hand painted dark chocolate studded with freeze dried raspberries & toasted black sesame seeds. They also offer a Salted Almond Coconut Bunny. [KokoChu, $8, Booth P44J]
8. Laura Slack Chocolate Artist features a bespoke bunny for all tastes, from bunnies in proper dresses and suits, to golden bunnies, to paint-splattered flatties. I am in love. [Laura Slack, $11 to $46, Booth A41]
9. Lelik Craft Design’s sweet Bunny duo candles are both minimalist and festive AF. [Lelik Craft Design, Approx $20, Booth P44M]
10. Lovesome Cakes makes a Bunny Cakesickle that’s pink-cotton-tailed. [Lovesome Cakes, Approx $12 – Prices Vary, Booth C21]
11. Have a look at 1 in a Millean‘s Ceramic Bunnies…. because you need at least one of these sweeties as a guardian on your desk or holding up your placecard on the Spring table. [1 in a Millean, $20 each, Booth Q19]
12. Petit Press Studio’s Bunny Greeting Cards are gorgeous now, but really, year round. [Petite Press Studio, $6 each, Booth P05]
13. While these Anastasia Pindera Leg Rings are decidedly NOT bunnies, they do, indeed, look like bunny ears from far off, and, strangely, mermaid tails, as well! I know several swimmers and dancers who would love, love, love a chance to wear one of these. [Anastasia Pindera, $275-325, Booth P44Q]
14. The Soul Chocolate Easter Rabbit is my go-to bunny for all of the people. [Soul Chocolates, $13.95, Booth B-33]
15. What’s a Bunny without a Carrot? Check out The Crochet Carpenter for one of the cutest softies around. [The Corchet Carpenter, Prices Vary, Booth Q23]
16. The Teeny Tiny Bakery offers not only a wide array of cute little bunny cookie packets and Bunny Bait [packages of 10 individual cookies for events like Easter hunts]…they also offer a “paint your own” bunny cookie kit – sure to make any kid happy – this adult, too. [Teeny Tiny Bakery, 4-Cookie Packs $12+, Bunny Bait $30+, Paint Your Own Bunny Cookies $10+, Booth B21]
AND A BONUS!
What did I bring home for myself? A “green” backdrop for all of this spring bunny magic….I purchased both a beautiful one of a kind serving bowl and a coordinating serving platter similar to the ones above from Fabrica Ateleia. Bliss at 1000%. [Fabrica Ateleia, From $75 to $145]
The 2023 One of a Kind Spring Show runs from March 29 to April 2, 2023 at the Enercare Centre, Exhibition Place, Toronto.
Thanks to the Mint Agency and The One of a Kind Show, Toronto, for an invitation to the media breakfast and the gift of a voucher for the event.