It’s our annual Tree Trimming Party!
Turn on some music!
Take some of our cookie dough out of the freezer to bake!
Trim the tree with our best baubles and SSJ’s Signature Favourite Photo Ornaments!
Top this year’s Fraser fir with our favourite “star,” our tin zeppelin!
Toast the season with Our Best Eggnog Cocktail!
Here are the photos we’re using for our 2021 FPOs:
You’ll find the FPO tutorial and the Nog recipe reprinted below!
Favourite Photo Ornament DIY
Favourite Photo Ornaments, A Streamlined DIY
- Digital Photos [or 2.25x 3.5 Printed Photos]
- Photo Printer
- Photo Paper
- Business Card Lamination Sleeves
- Hole Punch
- Pick a favourite photo or two.
- Use photo editing software such as ipiccy, picmonkey, gimp, or photoshop to: a) size your image close to a 2/3 ratio so that it will fit into a 2.25X3.5 inch holder. I tend to default to 450×700 pixels. Keep in mind that you are going to punch a hole about 1/2 inch down from the top of the photo. So, crop accordingly! b) Make the image black and white. c) Create any additional borders you desire. d) Add the year in a festive font on the picture.
- Print your photo to approximately 2.25 x3.5 inches.
- Insert your photo (or two photos back to back) inside a laminating sleeve and seal according to package instructions. You might need to trim the photo(s) so that there’s sufficient tackiness around all four sides.
- Punch a hole about 1/2 inch down from the top centre of the laminated photo.
- Cut a ribbon of about 5 to 6 inches in length.
- Tie the tail ends together with a large knot or knots larger than the punched hole.
- Slip the loop from the backside of the photo through to the front, so that the knot stops at the back of the photo. Et voila!
The Perfect Eggnog Cocktail For One
- 2 oz Heavy Cream
- 1 Egg
- 1.5 oz Cognac or Brandy [I use either Courvoisier or Kinsip Brandy]
- .5 oz Grand Marnier
- 1-3 tsp Maple Syrup [I like 1 tsp, but try 2-3 if you've got a sweet tooth]
- 2 dashes Maple Walnut or Black Walnut Bitters [feel free to substitute with whatever bitters you have on hand]
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp Nutmeg + a dash for garnish
- ice for shaking
- Place all ingredients in a cocktail shaker and shake hard for one minute.
- Strain and pour into a festive coupe or whiskey glass.
- Garnish with a dash of nutmeg.