It’s the last day of SSJ’s 12 Days of Holiday Baking, and I’ve got a Cookie Platter Must-Have for you! Brown Sugar Spritz!
Of course, you could make a quick icing of powdered sugar and milk or lemon jucie for the cookies. Or, you can sub Holiday Sprinkles or Sugars for the rainbow sprinkles you see here. But, I kind of like to keep the rainbow present in my holiday baking by tossing a little Funfetti around!
Here’s the easy recipe!
Brown Sugar Spritz
- 1 c butter softened
- 2/3 c brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 scant tsp baking powder
- 2 1/4 c all-purpose flour
- Multi-coloured Sprinkles or Sugars*
- Heat the oven to 350.
- In a bowl, toss the salt, baking powder and flour with a fork.
- Set aside.
- In the bowl of a mixer or by hand, blend the butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add the egg and vanilla until incorporated.
- Add the flour mixture by the 1/2 cup until combined.
- Load your spritz gun with the cookie dough and press cookies onto a baking sheet. [I find it easier to use a bare cookie sheets as opposed to silpats or parchment for these cookies, as they tend to want to stay in the spritz gun upon a too-slick surface.]
- *Add sprinkles.
- Bake for 7-8 minutes or until golden.