Here’s the recipe for House Gin that I’m including in my Infused Vodka and DIY Gin Kits today! It’s my own special blend. As long as you steep your vodka in juniper berries before adding your own spices, the sky is the limit on your own “house” gin. A DIY photo gallery follows.
- 375 ml Vodka
- 1½ tbsp Juniper Berries
- 1 tbsp Dried Orange Peel
- 5 Cardamom Pods
- 8 Allspice Berries
- 1-2 tsp Coriander Seeds
- ½-1 tsp Dried Lavender
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- 1-2 tbsp Bashed Cinnamon Sticks or Cassia Bark
- In a clean, sterilized jar, combine vodka and juniper berries.
- Seal and allow to steep for 24 hours.
- Add the remaining spices to the jar.
- Seal and allow to steep for an additional 36 to 48 hours.
- Line a strainer with cheesecloth and strain your bespoke gin into a clean sterilized jar or bottle.
- Seal and store at room temperature for up to one year.