IT’S OUR FAMILY TREE TRIMMING PARTY 2022!
Play some favourite music!
Bake some of the cookie dough we stowed in the freezer!
Trim the tree with our best baubles and SSJ’s Signature Favourite Photo Ornaments!
String garlands with ribbon and dried orange slices.
Top this year’s Fraser Fir with our favourite “star,” our tin zeppelin!
Toast the season with Our Best Eggnog Cocktail!
Sing Carols around the piano!
HERE ARE THE PHOTOS WE’RE USING FOR OUR 2022 FPOS:
You’ll find the FPO tutorial and the Nog recipe reprinted below!
FAVOURITE PHOTO ORNAMENT DIY
Favourite Photo Ornaments, A Streamlined DIY
- Digital Photos [or 2.25x 3.5 Printed Photos]
- Photo Printer
- Photo Paper
- Business Card Lamination Sleeves
- Hole Punch
- Pick a favourite photo or two.
- Use your favourite photo editing software to: a) size your image close to a 2/3 ratio so that it will fit into a 2.25X3.5 inch holder. I tend to default to 450×700 pixels. Keep in mind that you are going to punch a hole about 1/2 inch down from the top of the photo. So, crop accordingly! b) Make the image black and white. c) Create any additional borders you desire. d) Add the year in a festive font on the picture.
- Print your photo to approximately 2.25 x3.5 inches.
- Insert your photo (or two photos back to back) inside a laminating sleeve and seal according to package instructions. You might need to trim the photo(s) so that there’s sufficient tackiness around all four sides.
- Punch a hole about 1/2 inch down from the top centre of the laminated photo.
- Cut a ribbon of about 5 to 6 inches in length.
- Tie the tail ends together with a large knot or knots larger than the punched hole.
- Slip the loop from the backside of the photo through to the front, so that the knot stops at the back of the photo. Et voila!